Faculty of International Studies
equipped with an international mindset
- Becoming talented business personnel equipped with international awareness
- Learning from various regions, including Japan, Americas, Asia, Europe and Africa
- Training students to become a Japanese language teacher with global perspectives
The features of the Faculty
Five main features of the International Studies Department
- Comprehensive education program during the entry year
- 4-years essential seminars
- High-standard English language programs
- Programs to support overseas experience opportunities
- Recognized qualifications and credits for job placements
Students in the first year will improve “speaking”, “writing”, and “expressing” proficiency in Japanese language through oral presentations and report presentations in small groups (Japanese, Understanding Japanese I & II). In addition, fundamental mathematics classes are offered for students who are weak in math. These programs help students built a strong foundation.
→2. 4-year Essential Seminars
Being a small department, students feel that they are at-home and this is one of the key merits of Keiai University.
- From the freshman to senior year, there are essential seminars and lecturers customize guidance to each and every individual student to maximize learning processes.
- During the freshman year, the fundamental knowledge and methods are taught. From the 2nd year professional knowledge in different areas are taught.
→3. Enriching English Language Programs
During the freshman year, 2 times per week College English is compulsory. During the 4-year course, beside improvements in conversational English, the international studies, history and culture lessons are also conducted in English. This provides a conducive environment for mastering of the English language.
→4. Programs to Support Overseas Experience Opportunities
Overseas schooling, long-term studies abroad (6 months to 1 year), short-term language internship programs (4 weeks), etc are the programs provided to students for overseas experiences
Records of these overseas experience programs are published in the annual booklet “Jump into a New World”
→5. Recognized Qualifications and Credits for Job Placements
Various support programs are provided to students who want to get their own qualifications. For instance, if a student achieves TOEIC (R) score of 600 and above, they get 4 credits. Furthermore, the short-term intensive Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) course (where more than 90% of the students passed) and the popular Japanese language teacher’s certification programs are also available.
Department of International Studies
The Unique Features of the International Studies Department
- English language proficiency
Scores above TOEIC600pts
- Certification Projects
Japanese language teachers, certifications in the IT field, Japanese Certifications Board for Social Researcher (JCBSR), Japanese Certification Board for Local Geography Researcher
“Chiba Ichiban Project” supported by Keiai Career Center
International Business Course
English Language and British/American Studies Course
International Understanding Course